Monday, May 9, 2011

My Naked House

You may have noticed the lack of really exciting amazing great posts filled with unique ideas around here lately....well, there's a good reason for it!  We have about a million projects going on around here....a few for some upcoming guest posts that I am totally excited about....and a lot more dealing with general upkeep and home improvement.  Oh, the joys of home ownership.....especially when it's an older home that wasn't necessarily taken care of wonderfully by previous owners!  But, with all the hard work comes the JOY of having our own home, which we do really love!  I'll be posting about all our random projects, but for now, here's one of the projects currently in progress....



Yep, my house is currently naked....no shutters!  It's won't be that way for long though.....hopefully, at least!  (And yes, in addition to changing up the shutters, we'll be power washing the green nastiness away too).

In other news, be sure to head over to A Turtle's Life for Me today, where I'm guest posting ~ it's a project I had blogged about months ago here (when I'm pretty sure I was the only person reading my blog), but I went into more detail over there.  You'll want to check out Natalie's site anyway.....she has some seriously great stuff!  My current favorite is the Dress Up Headquarters she made for her daughter.....I can't wait to make one for Carly some day!!  Thanks for having me, Natalie!

PS ~ I'm trying out the extra large photo size.....what do you think?



6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your house, Angie! So darling! And I'm always a fan of the extra-large photos, but that could just be because I have stinky vision! Thanks for the sweet words and for the guest post!

Meri said...

The photos look great, esp with a far away shot, you get more detail. Your home is so cute! I SO wish we had a real front porch. And this year, we will probably be painting the front door and shutters. I am thinking black, but who knows by the time we get there, I will want something else! lol

Sonya Chisenhall said...

hey. i talked about your burlap wreath on facebook. i want you to know that yo.

p.s. people are going to think i'm some kind of spammer freak but what they don't know is that i use to stomp up the stairs to your room at Rosedale.

Beth said...

Hi angie! I 'm coming from TT&J, love your swing project and your house is darling! How difficult is it to remove shutters and paint them? I would love to do this and paint our front door. Not sue I have my husband on board yet:)!

Have a great day!
Beth

Sarah said...

Angie I love your house, I love old things : ) Love your porch swing. Looks great! Found you on TT & J . can't wait to follow : )

Elz @House Pour said...

Gorgeous house! I dream of living in one like this someday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...