Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Strawberry Crepes

Sunday afternoon I was looking for a quick light dinner to make and thought immediately of crepes.  So easy, and perfect with the fresh strawberries in my refrigerator!  There's lots of ways to "fancy up" this recipe, but I was going for plain old basic crepes.  I used a recipe from one of my old standbys, the Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book (you know, the plaid one).  The crepes were done in no time, and then I just stuffed them with cut up strawberries, put a little powdered sugar on top, and gave the kids a little treat ~ a side of whipped cream.  I was tempted to add some chocolate syrup or hot fudge, but since this was technically for dinner, I restrained myself.


Doesn't it look yummy?!  Here's the recipe:  In a bowl combine 2 beaten eggs, 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 cup flour, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; beat until combined.  Heat a lightly greased 6-inch skillet; remove from heat.  Spoon in 2 tablespoons batter; left and tilt skillet to spread batter.  Return to heat; brown on one side only.  Invert over paper towels; remove crepe.  Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet occasionally.

4 comments:

Meri said...

Crepes are among my favorite things to make. They are so easy, and bcs the batter is usually neutral, you can go either sweet or savory. It is a great way to get kids to eat veggies. But strawberries are SO much better! ;)

Sonya Chisenhall said...

i made crepes for my guests this weekend. i just grabbed a bunch of fruit, plain yogurt, nutella, maple syrup, homemade syrups and powered sugar and told them to have at it. it was a wonderful idea, i'm not sure why i hadn't thought of it before!

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, YUM!! Dang it, I already had breakfast. I'll have to make these soon. They look like a taste sensation! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

You had me at strawberry...

I was stopping by to thank you for your comment on my toddler bathroom (ages ago I know) and now I an your newest drooling follower.
♥Toni

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...